With all the pizza type varieties, one might find it a little bit hard to pick a favourite. Do you have a favourite type of pizza? For me, I’m not so sure but I know that I love bbq chicken pizza with all my heart! Loaded jalapeno pepper pizza, apple gorgonzola pizza and garlic ranch chicken pizza are also really nice.
This bbq chicken pizza is made with bbq sauce, chicken, mozzarella cheese, red onions and cilantro on a perfect homemade pizza crust to give it that deliciously fresh taste. No restaurant pizza comes close to it’s tastiness and awesomeness – its class is just way beyond theirs.
This homemade bbq chicken pizza recipe is so easy, cheap and fun! If you have kids, get them involved in the process on a weekend and watch them glow from the excitement – they’d totally love it. It can also be made up to one day ahead. Just roll out the dough and bake for about 5-6 minutes, then add toppings, cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Total time: 25minutes (Prep time: 10mins, Cook time: 15mins)
Ingredients For Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Homemade pizza dough for one large pizza
- Cooked, shredded chicken – 11/2 cups
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded) – 2 cups
- Bbq sauce – 1/2 cup
- Large red Onion (thinly sliced) – 1/4
- Fresh cilantro (chopped) – as desired
How To Make Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Turn on oven and preheat to 450°F. Pre-bake pizza dough for about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove pizza crust from oven and spread a thin layer of bbq sauce on it. Top with a thin layer of mozzarella and thinly sliced red onions.
- Place the shredded chicken in a bowl and add a few spoons of bbq sauce. Stir lightly to combine, then spread over the pizza.
- Add another thin layer of mozzarella cheese to top the pizza. Add chopped cilantro as desired.
- Place pizza in oven and bake at 450°F till crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Calories – 307kcal
- Carbohydrates – 15g
- Protein – 24g
- Fat – 16g
- Cholesterol – 84mg
- Sodium – 865mg
- Sugar – 12g