Are you having a busy weeknight? Thinking of a perfect homemade meal filled with flavour and tomato sauce to satisfy yourself?
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Pepper is the perfect recipe to prepare and make yourself happy. It’s a ONE-PAN meal you can prepare for your family and also freeze individually for later.
The Ground Turkey Sweet Potato work perfectly together to reduce inflammation (Anti-inflammatory) in the body and also make a yummy and tasty filling that’s full of delicious flavour.
Total time: 1 hour( Prep time: 10mins, Cook time : 50mins)
Ingredients For Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- extra virgin olive oil- 1 tablespoon
- Grass-fed ground turkey- 2 cups
- garlic, minced- 2 cloves
- onions, diced- ½ cup
- sweet potatoes, diced- 1⅔ cups
- Homemade tomato sauce- ½ cup
- crushed red pepper to taste — optional
- 2 large bell peppers — cut in half
- feta cheese — for garnishing, don’t add if you want paleo-friendly
- fresh parsley — for garnishing
How To Make Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally , and cook for 10 minutes or until the meat turns pink.
- Make sure to break up the meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the onions, and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add the sweet potatoes, cover the skillet, and cook until they are tender. It takes about 8 minutes.
- Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Add the tomato sauce, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste.
- If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potatoes.
- Arrange the peppers in a greased baking dish with the cavity side facing up.
- Fill each bell pepper halve with the ground turkey-sweet potato mix.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until the peppers are cooked and soft.
- Remove from the oven, and garnish with feta and parsley
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated Fat: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Sodium: 529mg
- Carbohydrates: 25.6g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Sugar: 10.7g
- Protein: 26.3g