Yummy and super easy instant pot carnitas! This special instant pot green chili pork carnitas is a dump-and-go recipe, making it the favorite for most cooks. If you’re as lazy as I am, then this easy recipe is perfect for you. You’ll definitely enjoy the meal, not just because it is easy. This green chili pork tastes great. Try it and thank me later.
Ready In: 1 hour 5 minutes (Prep Time: 30 minutes, Cook Time: 35 minutes)
- Pork shoulder roast (sliced into 2-inch slices) – 3 pounds
- Tapioca starch (optional) – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic powder – 2 teaspoons
- Cumin – 2 teaspoons
- Coriander – 1 teaspoon
- Sea salt – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut oil – 3 tablespoons
- 12-oz jar of (favorite) green salsa – 1
- Lime juice – 1/2 cup
- Broth (optional)
How to make Instant Pot Green Chili Pork Carnitas
- Set your instant pot to sauté.
- Mix all the spice together and stir the pork in the mixture.
- Place the seasoned pork slices into the pot.
- Cook each side of the slice for about 4 minutes, or till it turns brown. Do this in catches so you don’t overcrowd it in the pot making it not to brown well.
- Once you are through with all the slices, return them to the pot.
- Add the green salsa, and lime juice.
- Add the broth (optional).
- Close the lid, and set your instant pot to Meat/Stew on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Once done, press Cancel to stop cooking.
- Quick release and remove the lid.
- Simmer the liquid content by setting the pot to sauté. Simmer till desire thickness is obtained.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 235 kcal
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 20g