This recipe makes 3 dozen of healthy biscuits, depending on the quantity used. Ensure that you buy 100% gluten free oats, which are available at health shops. The recipe requires tahini (the sesame seed butter that you can buy from any supermarket around). You are free to add dried cranberries, chopped apples, raisins or dates.
Ready in: 25min (Prep: 15min, Cook: 10min)
Makes: 36 biscuits
- Tahini – 90g
- Honey – 175g
- Ground cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
- Gluten free porridge oats – 120g
- Chopped walnuts – 60g
- Preheat the oven to about 1800C (Gas 4). Grease 3 baking trays to be used.
- Stir the tahini, honey and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Mix in the porridge oats and walnuts until it becomes well blended.
- Turn some teaspoonful of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays. Note: Cookies should be about 5 cm apart on each side as they will spread a little when baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown.
- Then cool on the baking tray for some minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.