This meal is just the dish for you, anytime, any day. Coleslaw is always a staple for an easy salad or side item. It is made with vinegar, loads of veggies and sugar. However, it is fairly low in calories, but it also packs a lot of carbs.
This low-carb meal combines of cilantro, avocado oil, and lime with a hearty, fiber-packed cabbage mix, which are all very powerful flavors. The very presence of all these flavors goes to show how yummy this meal is. The dressing for this meal is a power-packed variation of homemade mayonnaise using a whole raw egg, thinned out with avocado oil and lime juice to make a superb meal. Well, if you feel uncomfortable with eggs, mayonnaise is a good variation.
Ready in: 50 mins (Prep:10 mins, Cook :40 mins)
- Medium-sized cabbage – ½
- Shredded red cabbage – ½ cup
- Large red bell pepper – 1
- Large egg – 1
- Avocado oil – 1 cup
- Medium-sized lime, (juice reserved) – ½
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder – ½ teaspoon
- Cumin – ½ teaspoon
- Cilantro, finely chopped – 1 tablespoon (plus more to garnish)
For the Slaw
- Get your knife cut the cabbage into thin shreds. Now do the same also for purple cabbage
- Then you should cut the red bell pepper and remove all stem and seeds. Make sure to slice the strips to your desire
- Now combine the vegetables in a large bowl and while you are preparing the dressing, refrigerate the vegetables
For the Dressing
- Get your oil and egg and add into a blender cup .
- Now pour slowly in lime juice, leaving the liquids to naturally settle.
- Now get your chopped cilantro and spices then add to the blender cup
- If using an immersion blender, insert the base into the bottom of the cup and turn on high, make sure the blade is at the bottom of the cup, once blending is completed, pull the base up and down and repeat until creamy solution.
- Now get your dressing and pour over the salad and toss gently. Then finally, top with fresh cilantro.
If using a raw egg makes you uncomfortable, substitute with 1 cup avocado mayonnaise (or traditional mayonnaise) and omit oil. Keep in mind; this will change the fat content but not the carbohydrates and the dressing will be much thicker so thin with a bit of water if you’d like. If you have difficulty finding avocado oil, a mild olive oil will also work.