5 lectin free breakfast recipes that can make your day great. These lectin free breakfast ideas include lectin free almond tapioca pasta, lectin free cassava flour tortillas, lectin free breakfast burritos, lectin free fried artichokes, lectin free roasted cauliflower with chipotle and lime. You can make these plant paradox breakfast recipes within few minutes with just six or less ingredients. Let’s dive in straight away!
LECTIN FREE ALMOND TAPIOCA PASTA
Ready In: 20 minutes (Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 10 minutes)
- Tapioca flour – 1 cup (plus extra for dusting)
- Almond flour (super fine texture) – 1 cup
- Kosher salt – 1 teaspoon
- Large eggs – 2
- Olive oil
How To Make Lectin Free Almond Tapioca Pasta
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix the almond flour, tapioca flour and salt.
- Open the middle of the flour mixture and crack in the 2 eggs.
- Stir gently with your fork, slightly moving out and incorporating more flour till it becomes well mixed.
- Knead the mixture with your finger and add more extra tapioca flour if the dough mixture sticks to your fingers.
- Now dust your cutting board with the tapioca flour. Also dust the rolling pin.
- Cut the dough into three parts and dust each part before rolling.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/8 inch.
- Then with a pizza cutter, cut the rolled dough into noodles of desired thickness.
- Boil about 1 liter of water in a large pot.
- Drizzle two tablespoons of olive oil into the boiling water.
- In the boiling water, scoop in the noodles with a large spatula and cook for about 2 minutes.
- With your slotted spoon, remove the noodles from water and place in a pasta strainer.
- Drizzle small amount of the olive oil on the noodles to prevent them from sticking.
- Repeat same process for the remaining dough.
- Only use superfine almond flour because almond meal doesn’t work in this type of recipe.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself when the noodles are not even as desired. Also, don’t sweat it out when a few noodles break. It still tastes delicious! Keep practicing till you know how to get it the way you want it.
LECTIN FREE CASSAVA FLOUR TORTILLAS
Ready In: 35 minutes (Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 25 minutes)
Makes: 8 tortillas
- French or Italian butter (melted) – 1/4 cup
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Cassava flour – 1 1/2 cups
How To Make Lectin Free Cassava Flour Tortillas
- Whisk the water and butter together.
- Add flour and make dough with your hand by kneading it until the dough stops sticking to the bowl. Note: It shouldn’t be crumbly. So, add extra flour or water if need be.
- Cut the dough into portions of 2 ounces.
- Roll the portions into balls.
- Now heat your pan over a medium-high heat.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough balls, one at a time, between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Gently peel back the parchment paper sheets from the tortilla.
- Again, put the tortilla on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Take the tortilla with the parchment paper over a heated pan and flip it onto the pan.
- Cook till air bubbles start to form, approximately 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 1 minute.
- Stack the tortillas on an oven plate and set oven to “keep warm”. Note: Cover the oven plate with a damp towel.
- Repeat same process for other tortillas.
LECTIN FREE BREAKFAST BURRITOS
Ready In: 15 minutes (Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 5 minutes)
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Spinach, chopped – 2 ounces
- Garlic (thinly sliced) – 2 cloves
- Eggs (beaten) – 6
- Goat cheese (crumbled) – 4 ounces
- 6-8-inch cassava flour tortillas – 8
- Black pepper and Himalayan sea salt
How To Make Lectin Free Breakfast Burritos
- On a pan, heat the oil over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic, and spinach together with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or till the spinach becomes wilted.
- Then pour the eggs on the garlic and wilted spinach and allow to settle for 30 seconds.
- With your spatula, turn the eggs around the pan for 3-4 minutes until it becomes set.
- Put off heat.
- Spread goat cheese on top the eggs and allow it to soften.
- While waiting, heat the tortillas in your microwave. Note: cover it with a damp paper towel.
- You can heat up to 4 at a time for about 30-50 seconds each.
- Now, scoop the eggs into the center of the tortillas and fold like a taco.
- Then serve.
LECTIN FREE FRIED ARTICHOKES
Ready In: 20 minutes (Prep Time: 5 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes)
- For the seasoning:
- Almond flour – 1/2 cup
- Nutritional yeast – 1/2 cup
- Organic garlic (ground) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Organic cayenne pepper (ground) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Himalayan pink salt – 1/2 teaspoon
For the artichokes:
- Artichoke hearts (drained) – 1 can
- 100% pure avocado oil – 1 tablespoon
How To Make Lectin Free Fried Artichokes
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients for seasoning in a bowl. Set the mixture aside.
- Cut off the ends of the drained artichokes, cut into halves and separate the leaves.
- Toss in a bowl containing the avocado oil till well covered.
- Sprinkle half of the seasoning on the artichokes pieces and toss till well covered. Add the remaining half and toss till thoroughly mixed.
- Now, evenly spread the artichoke mixture on a baking pan (lined with sheet parchment paper).
- At 425 degrees, bake for about 10-15 minutes, or till it turns golden brown.
- Then, serve while hot.
LECTIN FREE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CHIPOTLE AND LIME
Ready In: 1 hour 40 minutes (Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes)
- Organic cauliflower – 1
- 100% pure avocado oil – 2 tablespoons
- Organic lime – 1
- Fresh Cilantro (chopped) for garnish (optional)
For the seasoning:
- Organic ground chipotle powder – 1/2-1 tablespoon
- Organic garlic powder – 1/4-1/2 teaspoon
- Himalayan pink salt – 1/4-1/2 teaspoon
How To Make Lectin Free Roasted Cauliflower With Chipotle And Lime
- First preheat your oven to 325.
- Put all seasoning ingredients in a bowl and stir thoroughly till mixture blends well.
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces and put in a separate bowl.
- Drizzle avocado oil over it and toss till the cauliflower pieces get completely covered by the oil.
- Now transfer the seasoning mixture into the bowl and continue tossing till the cauliflower is well covered by the mixture.
- Then transfer the seasoned cauliflower on to a lined baking pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Flip the cauliflower and bake for extra 40-50 minutes, or till the cauliflowers becomes crispy.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the lime juice over.
- If you have cilantro, garnish with cilantro.
- Then serve hot!
How To Reduce Lectins In Your Diet
Research has shown that there is no cause for alarm if we can do these simple things on daily basis.
- Limit your intake of legumes, especially beans.
- Limit your intake of grains and grain-associated products.
- Check your intake of night shades like tomatoes and pepper.
- Limit your intake of squash.
- Deseed your fruits before eating.
- Peel all nightshades before use.
- Pressure-cook your nightshades, legumes and grains.
- Soak your grains and legumes multiple times, preferably overnight before use.
- And ferment your grains and fermentable foods before use.
- Eat more bitter greens and heathy oils like olive oil.
These ten simple actions will definitely help you wade off all lectin related health issues. So let’s go and check the delicious and easy recipes lectin-free recipes we have. To know more about how to avoid lectins in food, go to How to Avoid Food Lectins