This homemade meatballs recipe has been made to be as simple as it can be. It makes delicious meatballs that can be flavored as you like or otherwise taken as plain . Very little seasoning was used in the recipe and that’s for good reason – it makes the meatballs just right for any recipe you want to include them in.
The recipe can be doubled or tripled if you’d like to have some on-hand in the freezer. To freeze, cool for an hour at room temperature, then place in the fridge till it’s cold. Afterwards, freeze them solid on a cookie sheet, then pack them in tightly covered, hard-sided freezer containers. That way, they can stay up to a YEAR! (yea – you saw that right) without going bad.
If you want more flavorful meatballs, you can throw in some dried herbs of your choice. Thyme, marjoram, basil or oregano are awesome choices. Also, ground turkey or chicken can be used in place of lean meat. You could also use a mixture of those meats – all the better! I’d advice that you wash your hands thoroughly and wear disposable polyethylene gloves when handling the beef, for safety purpose – better safe than sorry right? Ok then, let’s dive in…..
Total time: 45 minutes (Prep time: 15mins, Cook time: 30mins)
Ingredients For Easy Homemade Meatballs Recipe
- Lean ground beef (broken into chunks) – 1 pound
- Bread crumbs – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1
- Water – 2 tablespoons
- Onion (minced) – 1/4 cup
- Pepper – a pinch or to taste
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
How To Make Easy Homemade Meatballs
- Turn on oven and preheat to 350°F
- Combine the egg, salt, onion, pepper, bread crumbs and water in a large bowl, make sure they are well combined. Add the ground beef and mix with your hand, gently but thoroughly, to combine.
- Take out little portions of this mixture and form into meatballs of about 1-inch in diameter. Place on a broiler pan.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes at 350°F till meatballs register 165°F when a meat thermometer is stuck in their center. Use immediately in your favourite recipe or cool and freeze for future use.
- Calories – 334kcal
- Carbohydrates – 11g
- Protein – 36g
- Fats – 15g
- Cholesterol – 153mg
- Sodium – 218mg
You may like to try this Delicious Bacon Sausage Meatball