This easy beef bourguignon recipe is a no-brainer as it requires little to no effort to prepare it. And do you know what? It’s yummy! You don’t want to miss this mouthwatering low carb instant pot beef bourguignon that is gluten-free and keto friendly.
This special and easy beef bourguignon recipe is cooked with beef chuck roast, bacon, onion, mushrooms, garlic, and carrot. We used xnthan gum in this recipe instead of corn starch. However, whichever one you use it will always come out great. Try this pressure cooker beef bourguignon recipe today. You will like it.
Ready In: 1 hour 20 minutes (Prep Time: 30 minutes, Cook Time: 50 minutes)
Beef Bourguignon Ingredients
- Beef chuck roast (cut into 3/4-inch cubes) – 2 pounds
- Bacon (diced) – 5 strips
- Small onion (chopped) – 1
- Cremini mushrooms (quartered) – 10 ounces
- Carrots (chopped) – 2
- Garlic (minced) – 5 cloves
- Bay leaves – 3
- Dry red wine – 3/4 cup
- Xanthan gum (or corn starch) – 3/4 teaspoon
- Tomato paste – 1 tablespoon
- Dried thyme – 1 teaspoon
How to make Beef Bourguignon with Instant Pot
- Season the beef chuck with pepper and salt, and set it aside.
- Set your instant pot to Sauté.
- Add the bacon and cook for about 5 minutes, or till crispy. Stir frequently.
- Scoop the bacon onto a plate lined with paper towel.
- In a single layer, line the beef and cook till both sides turn brown. Flip halfway.
- Once done, transfer the browned beef to a plate.
- Add the garlic and onions, and cook for some minutes till it becomes soft. Remember to stir frequently.
- Add the tomato paste and red wine to the pot. Scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon to remove bits that stuck on the bottom.
- Stir till the tomato paste dissolves.
- Stop sautéing by pressing Cancel button.
- Put the beef into the pot.
- Add the carrot, thyme, and mushrooms. Stir thoroughly.
- Place the bay leave on top and close the lid.
- Set the instant pot to high pressure and cook for 50 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure, and open the pot.
- Set the pot to Sauté once again.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Then sprinkle the xanthan gum over and stir the stew well.
- Stir for about 1 minute, or till the stew thickens.
- Stop sautéing and transfer to the serving plate.
- Top with the crisped bacon and serve.
Nutrition Information (Per Serving)
- Calories 220 kcal
- Net Carbs: 5.5g
- Total Carbs: 6.5g
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 27g