This oven-baked salmon is one of the best you’re yet to taste. It’s satisfyingly delicious, easy to make and cleanup is a walk in the park. It’s great as a main dish for dinner, to be tossed in a salmon salad or a mixed green salad and as an active ingredient in many more recipes.
This baked salmon recipe is very simple and basic, so you can enjoy it as it is or spice it up to your liking. You can add flavorings like Dijon mustard, dill, maple, teriyaki sauce or lemon and can as well add it in other dishes.
It is important to remove the pin bones from your salmon fillet (if that has not been done by the fishmonger), as they are big and thick, thus, a choking hazard. This can be done using tweezers or tongs, although using tongs is more tedious and harder to grip.
Total time: 17 minutes (Prep time: 5 mins, Cook time: 12 mins)
Ingredients For Easy And Yummy Oven-Baked Salmon
- Salmon fillet – 1 lb
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground pepper (freshly ground) – 1/4 teaspoon or to taste
How to Make Easy And Yummy Oven-Baked Salmon
- Turn on the oven and preheat to 425°F.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper or aluminium foil. This us to ease cleanup.
- Remove the pinbones from the fillet with tweezers or tongs.
- Season the top of the salmon fillet generously with 1/2 teaspoon salt and about 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Transfer the salmon to the prepared tray and place in the oven. Bake for about 12-14 minutes until the salmon top is no longer shiny. The middle of the fish should register between 120 – 140°F, depending on your preferred level of doneness. At 120°F, the salmon is cooked to medium and 140°F is for fully cooked salmon.
- Calories – 316kcal
- Fat – 20g
- Protein – 31g
- Cholesterol – 83mg
- Sodium – 353mg