The most important meal of the day is said to be breakfast, and so it’s recommended that it’s not missed for ANY reason. But we all know that sometimes, your morning schedule is just so tight that you can’t even begin to think of what to cook for breakfast. This vegan breakfast potatoes recipe is perfect for those days.
These breakfast potatoes are hot, easy, quick, loaded with protein, and really flavorful. They take just about 20 minutes and a few ingredients to whip up – giving you more time to take care of other morning chores!
The high protein power is thanks to the tofu in the recipe. Tofu is a cheap, excellent source of protein that’s high in good (unsaturated) fat and tastes soo good when done right. You can either leave the peel on the potatoes or peel them, depending on your preferences. However, if they’ve been sitting in the pantry for quite some time, I’d recommend peeling them off.
Total time: 20 minutes (Prep time: 5 mins, Cook time: Cook time: 15 mins)
Ingredients For Easy And Healthy Vegan Breakfast Recipe
- Potato (medium-size) – 3 (about 400g)
- Tofu (firm) – 200g
- Onion (medium-size, cut into half rings) – 2
- Cherry tomatoes – 1/2 cup
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Oregano – 2 teapoons
- Cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
How To Make Easy And Healthy Vegan Breakfast Potatoes
- Clean the potatoes and cut them into cubes, about as thick as your little finger.
- Put little olive oil in a pan and place on low-medium heat. Add potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir gently till it starts to sweat, then add onions.
- Crumble in the tofu and stir. Then stir in the pepper, salt, oregano and cumin. Cover the pan and cool for about 13-15 minutes.
- Pour the potatoes mix on a plate and cover to keep warm. Then pour some olive oil into pan and place on medium heat. Half the tomatoes and fry them till some dark spots begin to appear (for about 5 minutes). Seaso on it with pepper and salt.
- Serve tomatoes with the potatoes. Enjoy!
- Calories – 484kcal
- Protein – 17g
- Carbohydrates – 55g
- Fats – 23g
- Fiber – 10g
- Sugar – 6g
- Sodium – 1267mg