This easy and creamy chicken marsala is super yummy and healthy for anyone to overlook. Quick, easy, delicious, creamy and irresistible are words that would definitely come to mind after trying out this recipe. The mushroom sauce made with mushrooms, marsala wine, butter, heavy cream and garlic makes the marsala to a whole new level of tastiness.
Like other healthy chicken recipes this chicken marsala recipe is just right for a weeknight or weekend cooking. Actually, you might end up making it for 2-3 nights in a row! (Don’t worry, I won’t judge…it’s simply that irresistible). This healthy chicken marsala can be served with a pile of spaghetti, angel hair (I’m partial to this), potatoes or rice. If you’re trying to reduce your calorie intake, you could serve it with zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice.
Total time: 40 mins (Prep time: 10mins, Cook time: 30mins)
Ingredients For Healthy Chicken Marsala Recipe With Mushroom Sauce
- Chicken breast (boneless and skinless) – 4
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Cremini mushroom – 8oz
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Kosher salt – to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper (freshly ground) – to taste
- Garlic (minced) – 2 cloves
- Low sodium chicken broth – 3/4 cup
- Marsala wine – 3/4 cup
- Parsley (freshly chopped) – 2 tablespoons
- Heavy cream – 1/2 cup
How To Make Creamy Chicken Marsala With Mushroom Sauce
- Pour flour into a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil. Add chicken breasts and cook each side for about 5 minutes until golden brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
- To make the sauce, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add mushrooms and cook for about 7 minutes till they are golden and have released their liquid. You can add a little bit of olive oil if the skillet looks too dry. Stir in garlic and cook till fragrant. Season with salt.
- Add heavy cream, marsala wine, parsley and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Place chicken breast back into the skillet while spreading the sauce over them with a spoon. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes till the chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender. Serve hot!
- Calories – 308 kcal
- Fat – 15.3g
- Saturated Fat – 7.7g
- Cholesterol – 36mg
- Sodium – 106mg
- Carbohydrate – 28.9g
- Dietary Fiber – 1.4g
- Total Sugars – 1.4g
- Protein 5.9g