Vegan friendly meal that is perfect for lectin-free diet. Try this crispy sweet potato hash with sausage and thank me later. Only avoid the peppers for lectin free compliance.
This crispy sweet potato hash is best in the morning for breakfast. So, if you have a diet journal, you can now update your lectin free breakfast or vegan breakfast section.
To enjoy this healthy vegan and lectin free breakfast meal, top it with hot sausage and tempeh bacon – you will have a good feel of awesome breakfast. Just like I did with Vegan Quinoa Burrito Bowl Instant Pot Recipe, you will pray to have the meal again the following morning.
Total time: 50 mins (Prep time: 10 mins; Cook time: 40 mins)
Ingredients For Vegan Sweet Potato Hash
- Medium sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed in small pieces) – 2
- Olive oil or avocado oil – 2 tablespoons
- Smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric – ½ teaspoon
- Sea salt – ½ teaspoon
- Onion powder – ½ teaspoon
- Ground black pepper – ¼ – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic (finely minced) – 2 cloves
- Poblano pepper (seeded and chopped – don’t use it for lectin-free) – 1
- Scallions (green parts only, and sliced)
You may also like:
How To Make Vegan Sweet Potato Hash
- Heat your oven to 400F.
- Toss the cubed potatoes with oil in your bowl.
- Add turmeric, onion powder, paprika, black pepper and sea salt to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture onto a sheet pan.
- You can use two pans to avoid steaming it.
- Then bake for about 20 minutes.
- Now, remove the pan from heat and stir mixture gentle so you don’t smash the potatoes.
- Add the poblano pepper and take the pan back to heat.
- Allow it on the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat again and add in the minced garlic.
- Return the pan to the oven and allow it for extra 5 minutes or till the garlic flavor comes out well. Don’t allow it to burn – you can turn off the oven if it starts to turn dark.
- Once done, top it with the scallions.
- Serve immediately with tofu scramble (scrambled egg is also good) – for vegan.
- You can add hot sauce and bacon.