This low carb chicken taco soup is very easy to prepare, and it only takes few minutes to get done. All you need to kick start is your chicken and instant pot. Other ingredients like the diced onion, minced garlic, chipotles, cumin, etc are readily available in the nearest shop in the neighborhood.
Fortunately, the great taste of the soup will help you to forget your worries. I’m a fan of taco soup, and this low carb chicken taco soup is no exception.
Ready In: 23 mins (Prep Time: 5 mins, Cook Time: 18 mins)
Ingredients for Low Carb Chicken Taco Soup
- Chicken breasts – 1 pound
- Diced onion – 1/2 cup
- Garlic (minced) – 4 cloves
- Chipotles in adobo sauce (minced) – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin – 1 tablespoon
- Chili powder – ½ teaspoon
- Paprika – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- Chicken broth – 2 cups
- Cream cheese – 8 ounces
- Chopped cilantro – ½ cup
How to make Low Carb Chicken Taco Soup
- Add the chicken, garlic, onion, cumin, paprika, chipotles, salt, chili powder, lime juice, lemon juice, and chicken broth to your instant pot.
- Close the lid and seal vent.
- Set the pot to high pressure and cook for 18 minutes.
- Once done, allow the pressure to release naturally for about 10 minutes.
- Open the pot and remove the chicken.
- Shred the chicken with your forks.
- Set the instant pot to Sauté.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk continuously till it melts completely and combines with the sauce.
- Turn off the pot.
- Return the shredded chicken back into the instant pot.
- Add the cilantro and thoroughly stir to mix well.
- Then serve.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 424 kcal
- Carbs: 7g
- Fat: 25g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 41g
Note: this nutrition information does not include the toppings (cilantro, cheddar, tomatoes, and sour cream).