Your heavenly spiced chilli soup is so easy to make. It warms you throughout the cold rainy evenings. A large batch of it is great for feeding the crowd. Again, it freezes well!
Ready in: 55min (Prep: 15min, Cook: 40min)
- Skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets (well diced) – 800g (1 3/4 lb)
- Green peppers (diced) – 2
- Red peppers (diced) – 2
- Onion (diced) – 1
- Frozen sweetcorn – 85g (3 oz)
- Kidney beans – 4 (400g) tins
- Chopped tomatoes – 2 (400g) tins
- Passata – 400g (14 oz)
- Water – 600ml (1 pint)
- Chilli powder – 1 dessertspoon
- Dried parsley – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic (minced) – 1 clove
- Ground cayenne pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
- Over medium-high heat, heat some oil in a large pot.
- Cook and stir the chicken, onion and peppers until the chicken turns brown and the peppers become just tender.
- Then stir in the corn, tomatoes, beans, passata and water in the pot.
- Season it with the parsley, garlic, chilli powder, cayenne and cumin.
- Now reduce the heat and cover it. Simmer it for about 30 minutes.
You can use this to control hunger and appetite since the pulses such as cannellini beans and red kidney release energy slowly into the bloodstream as they have low GI (Glycaemic Index) factor.