This keto meal allows you to diversify for once, to leave the usual beefy and meaty keto recipes. This meal allows you to go full-on crabby. So if contemplating embracing the idea of doing less meat or are already a strict vegetarian, this recipe is made up of crab by using the low-carb vegetable hearts of palm.
Are you wondering what this whole Hearts of palm thing is, it is the inner core of the palm tree bud. Its mainly gotten from many different types of palm trees and also from coconut. This vegetable is pretty high in potassium, phosphorus, fiber, iron, zinc, including other mineral materials. Heart of palm stands out in a lot of way because it can be used as a meat replacement in recipes.
Also, it can be added to fresh salads. The meal as a whole utilizes mayonnaise and egg yolks with Parmesan cheese, cream chese and milk and with a touch of shredded cheese in order to be absolutely irresistible. In the end, this meal is perfectly hot as an appetizer or cold as lunch time leftovers.
Ready in: 1hr (Prep:15 mins,Cook:45 mins)
- Italian seasoning – 2 tablespoons
- Parmesan cheese( shredded) – ½ cup
- Large eggs (separate 1 of the eggs) – 2
- Parmesan cheese, for topping – ¼ cup
- One can hearts of palm (drained) – 14-ounce
- Stalks of green onions(chopped) – 3
- Mayonnaise – ¼ cup
- Before doing anything, pre heat oven to 350°F and get a small baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Now get your knife ready and chop your green onion and then drain your hearts of palm. You could either choose to cut the palm before adding it to your food process or not, however it is preferable if you have an older more powerful food processor.
- Now get to combining your onion, Parmesan cheese, Hearts of Palm, seasoning, and also mayonaisse in the food processor. Make sure the mixture is chopped properly.
- Then add one egg and one egg yolk to the food processor. Pause for a while when adding the egg and egg yolk
- Now you should pour the dip into prepared baking dish,then cook for 20 minutes or alternatively,until the mixture begins to puff up slightly. Stir for a while then add parmesan cheese.
- Now go on to broil it until the topping turns brown. Yummy!serve hot with keto crackers or veggies if thats what you like,anyways I serve mine usually with keto crackers,but feel free to use veggies!
Spice up the dish by extra Italian seasoning with the Parmesan cheese to the top of your dip before baking again to add an extra kick of flavor!