Sometimes I wonder why they are so irresistible. Even on days when I’m on a strict diet, I still can’t ignore them. I guess their delicious looks have a hold on me. These Lettuce wrapped cure sure knows how to make a good entrance. They just pop up in your face and next thing you know you are all over these yummies!
Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps or lettuce babies like I love to call them are always an irresistible combo of burger topped with cheese, tomato, and some beef if you would like with a nice foundation of Lettuce and some little extra here and there to make it yummier.
Ready in: 40 minutes (Prep: 10 mins, Cook:30 mins)
- Lean ground beef – 2lb
- Seasoned salt – 1-2 teaspoon
- Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Dried oregano – 1 teaspoon
- American cheese – 6 slices
- Large heads iceburg or romaine lettuce (rinsed and dried) – 2
- Tomatoes (sliced thin) – 2
- Small red onion (sliced thin) – 1
- Light mayo – 1-4 cup
- Ketchup – 3 tablespoons
- Dill pickle relish – 1 tablespoon
- Dash of salt and pepper
- First and foremost, make sure to heat a grill or skillet on medium heat.
- Secondly, get a large bowl and mix together seasoned salt, pepper, ground beef and oregano.
- After you are with the mixing, get six bowls where you will divide the mixture into 6 sections or just go ahead and divide into six sections without bowls.
- Then roll all the mixtures which has been divided into six sections into a ball.
- Press each ball to get a flat look to form a patty.
- Place the formed patties on grill and cook for 4 minutes while also flipping the patties on their sides and grilling for 4 minutes or grill till you get the desired look you want.
- Now add a slice of cheese on each cooked burger and also place each burger on large wraps of lettuce.
- Then add one slice tomato or more if you would like, some red onions and whatever it is that tickles your fancy.
- Put the lettuce wraps over and under the burgers
- Refrigerate the mixed ingredients until you are ready to use.