This carrot and coriander soup is very simple and easy to make. You only need a few ingredients for it. Another interesting thing is that this Carrot and Coriander Soup is light and fresh, plus it freezes well too.
Ready in: 25min (Prep: 5min, Cook: 15min, Extra time: 5min)
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Large carrots (peeled and roughly chopped) – 4
- Large onion (roughly chopped) – 1/2
- Vegetable stock – 900ml (1 1/2 pints)
- Roughly chopped large bunch fresh coriander
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Sauté the onion and carrots for a few minutes until the onion softens a little.
- Turn in the vegetable stock, add the coriander to it, and then bring to the boil.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Now, remove from heat and allow it to cool slightly.
- Using a hand blender or food processor, puree the soup until it becomes smooth.
- Reheat the soup before serving, if necessary.
- You can serve the soup with crusty bread.