This Instant Pot Ropa Vieja recipe is one of the best you can get among all Ropa Vieja recipes because it tastes great and still remains the easiest ever because it’s a dump-and-go recipe. So it is one of the easiest among instant pot recipes. However, this yummy Ropa Vieja is carefully prepared in the most flavorful way possible. It couldn’t get better than this! Just reserve your time and prepare this delicious mouthwatering juicy sauce.
Ready In: 1 hour 45 mins (Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 1 hour 35 mins)
- Chuck roast – 3 ½ pound
- Onion (sliced) – 1
- Minced garlic – 4 teaspoons
- Dried oregano – 2 ½ teaspoons
- Cumin – 2 teaspoons
- Paprika – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 2 teaspoons
- Smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Ground cloves – ⅛ teaspoon
- 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes – 1
- Bay leaves – 2
- Bell peppers (sliced) – 3
- Green olives and pimentos (to garnish)
How to make Best Instant Pot Ropa Vieja Recipe
- Except the green olives and pimentos, add other ingredients in your instant pot.
- Close lid and seal the vent.
- Cook for 90 minutes, and release pressure naturally.
- With two forks, shred the beef in the pot.
- Set your pot to Sauté.
- Add the bell pepper and cook till tender, about 5 minutes.
- Then add the green olives and stir.