Now you can make your gluten free cookies with low GI agave nectar. Agave nectar is a natural fructose sweetener which is low on the Glycaemic Index. You can get it in supermarkets and/or health shops.
Ready in: 45min (Prep: 15min, Cook: 10min, Extra time: 20min cooling)
Makes: 2 dozen cookies
- Ground almonds – 280g
- A pinch salt
- Bicarbonate of soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Rapeseed oil – 110ml
- Agave nectar – 110ml
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Dark chocolate (chopped) – 75g
- Preheat the oven to about 1800C (Gas 4).
- Combine the ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the agave nectar, rapeseed oil and vanilla.
- Turn the wet ingredients into the almond mixture and stir thoroughly until they become well mixed.
- Then fold in chocolate chips.
- At a time, spoon dough 1 heaping teaspoon onto the parchment lined baking tray, and press it down with your palm to flatten it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 7 to 10 minutes, until it lightly turns golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking trays for 20 minutes, then serve.