You don’t want to miss this hot vegetarian barbecue! Guess what? I love serving our meaty mushrooms on top of crusty bread. Make it yummier by melting cheese over and topping with wild rocket for a satisfying meal.
Ready in: 1hr 10min (Prep: 1hr, Cook: 10min)
- Portobello mushrooms – 3 pieces
- olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- Chopped Onion – ½ cut
- Garlic (minced) – 4 cloves
- Balsamic vinegar – 4 tablespoons
- Clean the Portobello mushrooms.
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms and reserve it for other use.
- Place the caps of the mushrooms on a plate with the gills up.
- Combine the oil, garlic, onion and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Gently pour the mixture evenly over the mushroom caps. Allow it to stand for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the barbecue in a medium high heat.
- Barbecue mushrooms for about 10 minutes (turn frequently).
- Remove and serve immediately.
- You can serve the mushroom as a burger by brushing some slices of crusty bread with olive oil, and placing the slices on the hot barbecue during the last few minutes the Portobello mushrooms are being cooked.
- To add more flavor to the marinade, add chopped fresh rosemary to it.