You know, the funny thing about this awesome dessert is that it’s technically not a “pudding”, but more like bananas with pudding. Nevertheless, it’s a real delish and greatly loved by all (or most!). It tastes just like granny’s banana pudding, the kind you eat after Sunday super!
This banana recipe is quick and easy with absolutely no fuss. It’s simply yummy! All you have to do is form a few layers with cookies, sliced bananas and a pudding mixture, then top with whipped cream and enjoy. Use fresh bananas that’s ripe but still firm and yellow. Also ensure that the banana slices are completely covered to avoid browning.
The wafer cookies can also be replaced with graham crackers, chessmen cookies or digestive biscuits. All these soften up and become almost cake-like. Use an instant vanilla pudding and not banana pudding mix as it’ll give the recipe a fake banana flavour that’s not so nice. The recipe lasts a few days in the fridge but is best served a day after making it. Alright….let’s dive in, shall we?
Total time: 4hours 15mins (Prep time: 15mins, Chill time: 4hours).
Ingredients For Banana Pudding Recipe That Will Blow Your Mind
- Bananas – 5 fingers
- Cream cheese – 8 oz
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sweetened condensed milk – 14 oz
- Instant vanilla pudding mix – 1 pack (6 servings size)
- Vanilla wafer cookies – 1 pack
- Vanilla – 1 teaspoon
- Heavy cream – 3 cups
- Powdered sugar – 1/4 cup
How To Make Banana Pudding Recipe That Will Blow Your Mind
- Beat together the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Add in the vanilla, milk and pudding mix, then beat until completely mixed.
- In another bowl, beat the heavy cream till soft peaks form. Add in powdered sugar and continue beating till stiff peaks form. Set aside 2 1/2 cups of the whipped cream and fold the remaining into the pudding mixture.
- Line the bottom of a 9″x13″ pan with vanilla wafers (or one of the cookies mentioned above). Top with sliced bananas then spread pudding mixture over top.
- Top with the 21/2 cups whipped cream previously set aside. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (refrigerating overnight is best!).
- Calories – 477kcal
- Carbohydrates – 50g
- Protein – 6g
- Cholesterol – 92mg
- Sodium – 228mg
- Potassium – 359mg
- Fiber -1g
- Sugar – 34g