This simple but healthy and tasty squash is well dressed with olive oil, garlic and fresh parsley. Slice in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, when you don’t want to peel it first. Yes, it is good to know that you can serve it hot, directly from the oven or at room temperature. I prefer room temperature though. If the butternut squash to use is not available, you can always substitute with pumpkin or sweet potato.
Ready in: 35min (Prep: 5min, Cook: 30min)
- Large butternut squash – 2
- Olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- Garlic (minced) – 3 cloves
- Fresh parsley (chopped) – Half a bunch
- Preheat the oven to about 1900C (Gas mark 5).
- Grease a baking dish (23x33cm /9×13 in).
- Now peel the squash and slice it in half lengthwise. Then remove the seeds and cut it into slices (1cm /0.5 in thick).
- Place the slices in baking dish, and toss it with the olive oil, garlic and parsley.
- Then bake it in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until it becomes tender.
You can make a delicious meal out of this dish by topping it with crumbled feta and pinenuts. Do the topping during the last 5 minutes of baking, and then serve with green salad of spinach, rocket and watercress.