I started making this dish a few years ago when I started picking apples for my children. I looked for something totally different to do with some of the remaining apples and finally, this recipe turned out to be delicious! We all enjoy it like no tomorrow and hope your family enjoys it too.
Ready in: 50min (Prep: 10min, Cook: 40min)
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Small onion (chopped) – 1
- Pork chops – 4 (1.5cm thick)
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Apples (peeled, cored and sliced) – 2
- Soft light brown sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Ground mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cloves – 1/8 teaspoon
- Hot water – 175ml (6 fl oz)
- Preheat the oven to about 1900C (Gas mark 5).
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Sauté onion in the oil for approximately 1 minute, or until it becomes soft. Then remove onion and set it aside.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides in the oil.
- Then place the pork chops in a baking dish (20x30cm) and sprinkle it with pepper and salt.
- Now cover it with the cooked onion and apple.
- Combine the brown sugar, cloves, mustard and water in a small bowl, and pour over the chops.
- Finally, cover and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 45 minutes.