This gluten-wheat -egg and sugar-free cake is a real time treat. It is fully packed with fruit flavors and enticingly moist. It contains lots of health ingredients. Enjoy it with no guilt! Use gluten-wheat free and self-rising flour. But you can also use normal self-rising flour. And instead of light muscovado sugar, you used agave nectar.
Ready in: 1hr 20min (Prep: 20min, Cook: 50min, Extra time: 10min cooling)
- Self-raising flour (gluten-wheat free) – 225g
- Gluten-free baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Canola oil (or 3 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoon apple sauce) – 5 tablespoon
- Muscovado sugar (or agave syrup) – 140g
- Finely grated carrot – 140g
- 1 apple (peeled, cored and diced)
- Diced dried apricots (unsulphured) – 85g
- Grated zest of 1 orange plus 5 tablespoon juice
- Pumpkin seeds – 50g
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to about 180 C (Gas 4). Grease the cake tin to be used with oil or margarine.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon and baking powder together in large bowl.
- Add the agave syrup, orange juice and oil (or oil and apple sauce), and stir thoroughly.
- Add the grated carrot, apricots, orange zest, and apple, and then stir until it becomes well mixed.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake this for about 50 minutes.
- Then allow it to cool on a rack before you remove the tin.
TIP: Simply mix (425 ml) whipped cream with (300g) apricot, and serve.